I love Halloween, like love it. You get to play dress up and people give you free candy. Does it get any better than that?!?!
This was Jackson’s first Halloween. When we were having the serious conversation that was the costume brainstorm we talked about how Kyrie was Boo from Monster’s Inc. dressed as a monster for her first Halloween. Logic dictated that Jackson should also be a monster, but “just a little one!”
Jackson as Stitch, so cute I could just die.
Kyrie was Lilo, obviously, but more on that another time. This Stitch costume took about an hour and you could do the whole thing without sewing if you wanted to!!
- Hooded footie pajamas (I went on Amazon and found some that were the perfect color)
- Blue and light purple craft felt (the blue should match the jammies)
- Light blue polar fleece
- Hot glue
1. I started by making a pattern for the ears.
2. Then I traced and cut out two on the blue felt and two on the light purple. I trimmed the light purple slightly smaller than the blue.
3. Stitch has little notches in his ears, so I cut those out.
4. Next I ironed the ears in half lengthwise and hot glued the blue and purple pieces together.
5. Next for the tummy. I folded the light blue fleeces in quarters, measured, traced and cut out my tummy shape.
6. At this point you could just hot glue on some Velcro and call it good. I decided to sew one side on and Velcro the other. However I wanted it to appear like the entire tummy was sewn. So I marked halfway and sewed just the left side of the fleece from pin to pin.
7. Next I pinned the right side of the tummy piece to the jammies and sewed them together. Don’t forget to unzip the jammies and don’t sew across said zipper.
8. Next I hot glued the Velcro on the unattached side of the tummy piece and lined it up on the jammies. Again, attaching it with hot glue.
9. Finally, try the costume on your little one to determine ear location and attach ears. I used hot glue for this final step.
Aww, such an adorable little Stitch!