Ok, you may be wondering, what is Disneybounding? Here’s the concept in a nutshell…
Disneybounding: Creating a fashion look based on a Disney character by drawing from colors, or iconic design elements from that character’s clothing. Disneybounding isn’t simply making a costume, but instead creating a look you could wear on a normal day and hint at a favorite character. You know, bring a little Disney magic to your every day. 😉
Merida from Brave is up next in our little series. My mom chose her because she loves Merida’s color palette. Confession, I haven’t see Brave yet, but luckily Google images came to my rescue and gave me plenty of inspiration! This is an easy project, with VERY little sewing.
- Green t-shirt
- Suede or faux leather cording
- Small grommets or eyelets
- Faux leather or brown trim
- Coordinating Thread
- Here’s the design I sketched up, you can see how simple it is when you start with a t-shirt.
- Measure, mark and apply grommets following the directions on the package.
- Cut the cording to the desired length.
- Measure/cut cording. Lace up your top. Tie knots at the end of the cording.
- Measure/cut trim. Sew side seams together, pin and sew on trim.
Seriously, 5 steps and you too can Disneybound Merida. How’s that for quick, easy, fun! The countdown to Disneyland is on!